Dust off that racket and get ready for Tennis in the Parks as part of City Parks Foundation’s Summer Sports program, from now until Aug. 28.
The children up to 17 years old have the opportunity to work with the pros in lessons for all skill levels, and can participate in tournaments and leagues.
Classes are offered at these locations:
• Fort Greene Park Visitor Center (DeKalb and S. Portland avenues); Mondays and Wednesdays, 9 am to noon.
• Kaiser Park (Neptune and Bayview avenues); Mondays and Wednesdays, 9 am to noon.
• Kelly Playground (Avenue S and E. 14th Street); Mondays and Wednesdays, 9 am to noon.
• Marine Park (Filmore Avenue and Stuart Street); Mondays and Wednesdays, 1 pm to 4 pm
• McCarren Park (N. 13th Street between Bedford Avenue and Berry Street); Mondays and Wednesdays, 1 pm to 4 pm
• Prospect Park (at the Parade Ground)
• Prospect Park (Parkside Avenue at the Parade Ground); Tuesdays and Thursdays 1 pm to 4 pm
All classes are free, and registration is required online at www.cityp
©2018 Community News Group