• All children are musical when they are born — they can keep a steady beat and sing in tune. Their future musical ability depends on how and if you nurture it.
• Music develops a child holistically on all levels: social, cognitive, emotional, physical, musical, and with language development.
• Between the ages of newborn to 7, children experience rapid brain development. This is a prime time to expose them to many different types of music and movement vocabulary.
• The parent or primary caregiver is the most important teacher for one’s child. Babies’ brains develop based on three components: genetics, experience, and environment. When babies are given a safe experience within a loving environment, they learn better.
• Mandarin is one of the six United Nations languages and is spoken by more than one billion people in the world, more than any other language.
• Mandarin is the standard language of China, the world’s second-largest economy.
• Between the ages of newborn to 7, children experience rapid brain development. This is a prime time to expose them to a new language.
• Children who learn a language before adolescence are more likely to develop native-like pronunciation.
©2014 Community News Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not NYParenting.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to NYParenting.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.