• Spray a tortilla with butter spray, sprinkle with sugar substitute and cinnamon, then bake until crispy.
• Top an English muffin, pita pocket, or mini bagel with tomato sauce, mozzarella, and veggies. Bake.
• Stuff a whole-wheat pita pocket with cream cheese and chopped vegetables, herbs, and spices.
• Layer berries and yogurt or whipped topping in a parfait glass.
• Top a rice cake with whipped topping and fresh berries.
• Toast a high-fiber waffle until crisp, then cool, and cut in half. On one side, add a small portion of frozen yogurt and chopped fruit, then top with remaining waffle.
• Mix Chex cereal or popped popcorn with dried fruit, pretzel rounds, peanuts, and a limited amount of M&Ms or mini bittersweet morsels.
• Spray olive oil over popped popcorn, then toss with taco seasoning mix, garlic powder, or a small portion of Parmesan cheese.
• Place Goldfish crackers in a bowl. Dip celery sticks into softened cream cheese, then into the crackers to “catch” a fish.
Healthy tip: Use whole grain and reduced- or low-fat ingredients when possible.
©2013 Community News Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not NYParenting.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to NYParenting.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.