You’re invited to a community feast to honor Saint Paolino with music, history, and, of course, the Giglio Lift, from July 5 to July 16 at Our Lady of Mount Carmel.
The community feast honors Italy’s Saint Paolino and features faith, food, music, neighborhood pride, history, colorful cultural celebrations, and international visitors. The festival is capped with 125 men lifting a four-ton tower during the “Dance of the Giglio.”
The schedule is as follows:
• Opening mass on July 5 at 7 pm
• Children’s Giglio Lift on July 6 at 6 pm
• Distribution of Blessed Bread on July 8 beginning at 11 am
• Mass on July 9 with the Giglio lift at 2 pm
• Old Timer’s Giglio Lift on July 15 at 4 pm
• Procession of the Statue of our Lady of Mount Carmel on July 16 beginning at 1:30 pm
The Feast at Our Lady of Mount Carmel, July 5–16, Weekdays, 6 pm to 11 pm; Saturdays 6 pm to midnight; Sundays noon to 11 pm. Attendance at the feast is free, however, food, rides, artwork, and activities have separate fees.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel [275 N. Eighth St. at Havemeyer Street in Greenpoint, (718) 384–0223].
©2017 Community News Group